Sunday, March 16, 2014

Yaaaaaaaay Torrenting Movies

If you don’t know what torrenting is, you probably own an IPhone. For the rest of the world who enjoys the illegal activity of getting free any and everything digital, I am very sorry to tell you that Popcorn Time shut down, but I am very happy to tell you that YTS has picked up the project. I don’t agree with torrenting. Popcorn time, if you didn’t know, was made to give a netflix like experience for free. It gave you new movies at the click of a mouse, but the awesome site closed down.  I do not agree with torrenting. YTS says that they have a better copyright standing, so it will stay open forever.  I do not agree with torrenting.
This relates to my movie class. It has a lot to do with spoilers. With torrenting, in America, you can get movies before they come out. Some of the movies have not even been finished. Hulk, for example, surfaced in the torrents with no music in it. The film was of poor quality, but torrenters got the just of the film and released the story summary online.
I agree with them taking down the site. It is illegal. Torrenting is like stealing. This doesn’t really affect me because I don’t torrent movies.
How does the author support his claim?
The author uses links to back up his claim. He uses links from TorrentFreak, Popcorntime, and TechCrunch. He also uses quotes from developers and one from YTS saying,”It's our vision at YTS that we see through projects like these and that just because they create a little stir in the public, it doesn't mean they are shut down”(Ingraham).




  • Burns, Matt. "Popcorn Time Is Back." TechCrunch. Wordpress, 16 Mar. 2014. Web. 16 Mar. 2014. http://techcrunch.com/2014/03/16/popcorn-time-is-back/?ncid=rss.

No comments:

Post a Comment